ABOUT Amy Witherite
When thinking about lawyers, most people automatically have an image of someone who has aspired to become an attorney from a young age. There is a romantic visualization of someone who has always wanted to deliver justice to the unserved populace, and therefore took the Bar exam and became a lawyer.
Amy Witherite isn’t your “ordinary” attorney!
She is the first to admit that luck had lots to do with the fact that she practices law today. Fort Worth, TX educated, Amy’s college career looked as though it would take her into the world of women’s athletics – on a swimming scholarship. And while travelling across Europe and deciding what to do next, she thought about seeking counsel from an old English teacher of hers – Ms. Joan Martin.
While Ms. Martin was successful in persuading Amy not to follow in her footsteps and become a teacher, Amy does credit her wise teacher for steering her towards a career in law. On Ms. Martin’s advice, Amy took the bar exam – and passed. She then received her degree in law from the Texas Tech School of Law…And the rest is history!
Practice Made Perfect
In 1993, Amy entered practice at one of the most revered law firms in Texas. Two years later, she was practicing with a firm of insurance defense lawyers – learning all the tricks of the trade to defend those corporate giants. Unbeknownst to her, she would later be able to put all that invaluable knowledge and experience to much better use – in defending her clients against those very corporate giants!
The co-founding of Eberstein Witherite, LLP in 2001 was one of the highlights of Amy’s career. Through the firm, which offered legal counsel and representation to motor vehicle accident victims and their families in Texas, Amy not only perfected her practice, but she and her team helped countless auto accident victims and their families receive much deserved justice – much of that success coming against large insurers and plaintiff’s with significantly more resources than Amy’s clients.
Today, Amy Witherite practices as an independent attorney, specializing in many areas, including:
• Personal Injury
• Motor Vehicle Accidents
• Motor Cycle Wrecks
• Truck Accidents
• Drunk Driving Wrecks
• Serious Injuries
• Product Liability
• Employment Law
Amy’s practice is made perfect by her prior experiences. Her deep knowledge of how insurance corporations work, to prevent accident victims from receiving their due claims, serves her and her clients well. Having been on the other side of the aisle, Amy now uses that knowledge – which is a rare quality amongst personal injury attorney’s – to successfully advocate on behalf of victims of auto accidents and their families.
As a client of Amy Witherite, you are assured of one thing: Her unwavering commitment to your case!
Having seen the desperation and hopelessness that many accident victims and their families face in the immediate aftermath of accidents, Amy has made it a focal point of her practice to do everything she and her team can to seek justice for the aggrieved. Whether you have claims for:
• damages to your vehicle and property
• medical expenditure following an accident
• loss of income
• unfair treatment by insurance adjusters
• death of a loved one in an accident
…you can rest assured that Amy and her team will vigorously and unwaveringly advocate on your behalf.
Amy’s training as an athlete has taught her the importance of being disciplined in her work as an attorney. While it is often daunting to take on adversaries that have a much pool of resources, Amy and her team thrive in such circumstances. What you can expect from Amy is:
• Absolute dedication
• Total commitment – almost to the point of being a zealot for your case
• Full transparency
• Highest levels of professionalism
It is these values that Amy has learned and practiced throughout her career. And she credits these same principles for the countless successes she and her team have accomplished.
Honours, Awards and Distinctions
• Texas Tech School of Law – Magna Cum Laude
• Super Lawyers – Top 50 Women Lawyers in Texas
• Texas Super Lawyers 2003 – 2017
• AVVO Superb Rated Attorney 2017
• Order of the Barristers – Texas Tech School of Law
• National Association of Distinguished Counsel – Nation’s Top One Percent 2015, 2016
Professional Associations and or Memberships
• Dallas Trial Lawyers Association – Board of Directors
• Texas Trial Lawyers Association – Fellowship Member & Board of Directors
• Dallas Democratic Lawyers Association – Board of Directors
• American Board of Trial Advocates
• Dallas Women Lawyers Association
• College of the State Bar of Texas
• American Association for Justice
• Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
• State Bar of Texas
Other Places to Find Amy: